(no subject)
Oct. 16th, 2008 05:53 pmMan. I just went to go make some soup--I've got the stuff onhand for more tomato rice soup, potato leek soup, and slow-cooker minestrone, going to fill up the freezer and attempt to not eat out much this winter--to find that I had the fridge turned up too high, and everything in the fridge is frozen solid. Which is lame. I guess I'm cooking this weekend!
Tomato sandwich for dinner, it is.
Tomato sandwich for dinner, it is.
no subject
Date: 2008-10-17 03:34 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-10-17 07:57 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-10-17 04:10 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-10-17 08:03 am (UTC)1 small onion
6 ripe tomatoes or 32 oz canned
1 1/2 lb sausage (spicy chicken/veggie sausage is best)
8 cups stock to match sausage
1/2 tsp oregano
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon butter
saute onion (and maybe some bacon) in butter
in a soup pot, add tomatoes and a pinch of sugar, simmer together 10 minutes
slice sausage and add to pot with broth and oregano and bring to rolling boil
stirl in rice. cook over medium until rice is tender.
stir in cheese, then sat and pepper and extra cheese to taste.
no subject
Date: 2008-10-17 02:14 pm (UTC)soup?
Date: 2008-10-17 08:49 pm (UTC)